Thursday, May 19, 2011

Count the Cost/Paying the Price

I got an email today from a dear friend who lives in Cambodia. His email talked about how he had made a mistake and parked his motorbike in a "no parking zone", so to speak. As a result, his bike was taken to the police station, where it must stay for 3 days and he received a fine. The subject of his email read, "I have to pay the price".  In the body of the email he wrote that he wanted to encourage those in his country to obey the laws or they would have to "pay the price". He then went on to ask for help as he was feeling "blue" or down about the incident. He asked for encouragement, prayer, and rides to work & lunch since he wouldn't have his bike for 3 days.

As I began to pray for him I felt like God spoke something to me. Luke 14:25-35 talks about the cost of being a disciple.  If we are to become a disciple of Jesus, we must "count the cost" or be willing to "pay the price". Just like every decision we make in life, there will be consequences or "prices to pay". There will be a price to pay to become His disciple. Jesus paid the "ultimate price" for us, so that we could spend eternity with Him.

God has a plan and purpose for each of our lives, but we must count the cost. Before we marry we must count the cost, before we have children we must count the cost. To move to the mission field I would have to leave my family, my friends, my home, my job, my church, all that I knew as "normal", all that I loved. I needed to count the cost before making that decision.  I thank God for His call on my life and for the wonderful people He has placed in my life to encourage me, counsel me, pray for me, partner with me and strengthen me.  I am also grateful that I have leaders in my life that reminded me that I should count the cost. They didn't want me to jump into this calling without much prayer, counsel and without counting the cost and seriously thinking about it. I am so thankful for each of them.

I am honored and humbled that God wants to use me here in Greece.  I just want to encourage you, God has amazing plans for each of your lives. He wants to use each of you in amazing ways, but it will cost you something..... I believe it will so be worth it all!!!! 

I continue to pray for each of you and asked that you continue to pray for the Celebration Athens Team and Celebration Church Athens.

Ephesians 3:7-8, "By God’s grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. Though I am the least deserving of all God’s people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ." 

Love & Blessings,

Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment